Week 2 Update:

Week 2 of our journey has come and gone. The main focus from the beginning until Christmas is weight loss, base building, and getting/staying healthy. We both continued to work on that throughout the week. Our big run/swim day together is always Saturday morning, and this week did not disappoint. After an easy 5k, Pat and I got in with our training buddy Craig for his final "edge sharpening" workout. Its one of those sets where its as hard as you make it. I told myself with a half Ironman distance swim leg of a relay the next day I should take it easy... wait... is Hoogie racing me? Its on!


Hoogie's 800s


Finished the set and did pretty decent thanks to a Powerbar Hydro gel my body needed desperately. Of course Pat lapped Craig and I twice and was very proud of himself. It'll take me some time to get back on pace with him (if I can). Then we headed out for coffee, the only reason to get up!

Not Pumpkin Spice....this time!


I had the swim leg of a half distance gravel/trail triathlon relay leg with some friends the next morning. I wasn't recovered well, forgot my gel and barely fit in my wetsuit, but I still managed to be first out of the water with a field not really focused on the swim (which was short!). The sprint up the hill to transition nearly killed me! I really need to figure out how to swim in a triathlon wetsuit b/c I get very little out of it.

Look at that lard stuffed in a neoprene wrapper!

Countdown to Toe Touching:

Weight

Skav

Pat

Start: 9/5/22

244.8

212

Today: 9/26/22

239.6

201.3

Weekly Gain (Loss)

1.2

(2.5)

Total Gain (Loss)

(5.2)

(10.7)

Goal for Lake James 4/23/22

215

185

To Goal:

(24.6)

(16.3)



Pat had another good week and I managed to gain weight. Thought I did a good job of staying on points and got in a lot of consistent yoga/physical therapy/resistance cord circuits along with swim/bike/run, but not a down week for me! On to the next week where Pat sits on his ass and I head to Hawaii!

Mahalo! Get the coffee in!

Skav


Comments

Popular Posts